We went to NY last weekend for our first baby shower. We got so many great things. Parker is a very lucky baby! Our family and friends were so generous and we really appreciate everything so much. Who knew a baby needed so much stuff! He has so many new clothes - I wish I had a wardrobe that size! It was great seeing our family, even though it was for such a short time. I can't believe how fast the weekend went by. Riding in the car 12 hours was definitely not the highlight of the weekend. Poor Chad had to drive the entire way. I think I drove about 50 minutes the whole trip because my back hurt so bad. I tried to position my seat every way possible but nothing helped. I was not a very happy passenger! When we got home, I wanted to go through everything we got so I could show Chad but after he saw my ankles were the size of grapefruits, he made me go downstairs and lay down. I was kind of hoping I could avoid swollen ankles altogether...but unfortunately that's not the case. Not sure why I thought I'd be so lucky!
We started childbirth classes on Monday night. The instructor is quite a firecracker, which makes class pretty entertaining. We got an anatomy lesson, learned the stages of labor, and then watched a video that showed all the stages and a baby being born. It's still all so surreal - I know lots of people who have been pregnant and through all this before but it's crazy to think Chad and I are going to go through it in about 2 months! I'm not going to lie- I'm scared to death of labor but as everyone says, it's too late now. He's got to come out somehow!
Our crib and dresser are finally here so we're off to try and make room for it. His room is full from the shower and we've had no time this week to put any of it away. I can't wait to see it all set up!
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment