It's a snow day today! I haven't had a full week of school in about 3 weeks between being sick and now a snow day. It's been a very long winter - I've caught every illness that's passed by me, which is quite a few since I work with 7 & 8 year olds! The last one, the stomach bug, was by far the worst I've had though. It made me appreciate the fact that I didn't have morning sickness the way some experience it. I don't know how I would have made it through!
We had a very productive weekend - we finally found a crib! Chad is one happy guy. We've been in every baby store in the area and finally found one we like. We are also going to get the matching dresser. I'm going to call the store this morning and order them. It's only supposed to take 4-6 weeks to be delivered, which isn't bad compared to the 12-14 weeks some of the stores said it would take for their cribs to come in. I only have 14 weeks to go if I go until my due date! That's cutting it a little too close for me. I need it to be here and set up by the time Parker gets here.
Chad and I are very anxious to see how Sadie reacts to this new baby. She has her quirks and is sometimes a little energetic...okay maybe very energetic, but she really is a good dog. We've allowed her to develop some bad habits though, like sleeping on the couch and on our bed at night (and lately with all the pillows I need to sleep with in order to be comfortable, it's becoming way too crowded), so I think we're going to have to do something about that soon. Last night I was laying on the couch and Chad was sitting beside me. Sadie wanted up on the couch in the worst way but my back was killing me, and I didn't want to move. So she decided to find herself a spot to lay because heaven forbid she actually lay on her bed like a normal dog! Chad says it's my fault...I made her a lap dog. Well, he wouldn't let me get a cat so I had to make due with a dog! Here are some pictures of her new spot...I have no idea how this could possibly be comfortable! (Not sure how to get the pictures to show up at the bottom of this...I'm sure it's something very easy to fix but I can't figure it out so I'm leaving it how it is!)
No comments:
Post a Comment