Saturday, April 18, 2009

33 Weeks!

So apparently it's pretty obvious that I'm having a boy. I was at the store yesterday and a woman came up and told me she knew exactly what I was having (a boy) because I look like I have a basketball tucked up under my shirt. Then another woman told me the exact same thing this morning when I was out shopping! I asked the doctor a couple weeks ago if I was really big for being 31 weeks because when I tell people how far along I am, everyone seems to be shocked that I still have so far to go. She assured me that I'm measuring perfectly where I should be at this point and not to worry it. I always feel better after talking with her!

I can't believe we only have 7 weeks left until we meet Parker. These past few months have flown by and time just seems to be going faster and faster! Spring break felt forever away and now it's been here and gone already. I'm getting really excited but more and more anxious about the day of his arrival. Going to childbirth classes has been good but I'm having to face all my fears about labor that I have been putting off because June seemed so far away. I've even had a few nightmares and being in labor and have woken up with the shakes! It's one of those situations I want to think positively about but am trying to prepare myself for the worst because who knows how it's going to go. Chad's been so encouraging about the whole thing and I know he's going to be a great coach - I told him he's going to need to be very patient with me though...telling me to "suck it up buttercup" might not be appropriate in this particular situation! :) I know the prize at the end of all it will be more than worth it!

3 comments:

  1. That's funny - a couple of people have said the basketball thing to me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday I get more and more excited! I can't wait to meet my little nephew...hopefully I'll be there but even if I'm not I know that all will go well and you'll do just great! You are ginormous but you look adorable...I wish I was there, I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT Devon! I remember thinking about that time, how can I get any bigger??? haha. So exciting you only have 7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete