I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon with Dr. Henley. I was a little apprehensive about going after my last check up with him when he delivered the news that my weight gain was a little high...which really shouldn't have been a big deal but when you feel huge already, it was a little hard to swallow! But everything went great today. I'm measuring right where I should be and Parker's heartbeat sounded good - 146 bpm! I love that sound! I asked if he could tell how he was positioned - He said he was pretty sure he was head down but doesn't like to worry about it until the baby is full term. He said he doesn't like to ask questions if he isn't going to do anything about the answer, meaning even if he was head up he wouldn't do anything about it anyways...but I can't help but be curious. I keep feeling these kicks and jabs in my ribs and just want to know if it's what I think it is. Hopefully if he is head down he's planning to stay that way!
So Monday night was our tour of the hospital...if it didn't feel real before, it sure did when we stepped into a delivery room! Strange to think about me laying there in a few weeks hooked up to the monitors knowing Parker is on his way! We got to see two new babies in the nursery while we were there. LA - we looked for you, then realized you were probably at small group. Next week is our last week of class. We'll be talking about C-sections and our instructor is all about having a party to celebrate our finishing class. She's an interesting character!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Devon! The hospital tour was my fav. part! Who is your instructor? Ours was named Ann Clark. I wonder if she's the same one you have. did you get my message about the bedding? Hopefully you'll be at church Sunday and we can deliver it.
ReplyDelete