Monday, September 14, 2009

Ocean Isle Beach Trip

So I'm a little slower than everyone else who we went to the beach getting my pictures on our blog but here they are!

We went to Ocean Isle Beach for Labor Day weekend with Jason, Jennifer, & 2 mo. old Russell, Ryan, Amy, & 1 yr. old Isaac, and Josh, Leigh Anne, & Baby Caleb (in utero). After sitting in traffic forever we finally made it- what were we thinking leaving to go to the beach on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend at 4:00 pm??? Lesson learned...we will not be doing that again! Thankfully Parker slept through it and was a happy traveler until about 30 minutes before we go there.

Going to the beach just isn't what it used to be now that we have a baby. We needed a lot more stuff! Stroller, diaper bag, beach umbrella......... Saturday was the only really nice day we had to spend at the beach. The water was even warm enough to swim, which the guys did quite a bit of. I'm not really a fan of swimming in the ocean...you just never know what's going to go swimming by and salty water just doesn't thrill me. Parker seemed to enjoy the beach most of the time. He slept quite a bit- I think it was due to the sound of the ocean which he listens to every night when he sleeps. You can't beat the real thing!

We had fun the rest of the time hanging out and playing games (which resulted in Ryan & Amy not getting a lot of sleep one night after we woke Isaac up playing Mad Gab and he refused to go to sleep until the wee hours of the morning...sorry guys!) Dinner was delicious every night and we even got to go for a walk on the beach one night, which was a little trickier with a stroller!

Here are a few pictures of our weekend at the beach:

Here's Parker heading off to the beach. I think this is the cutest picture I've ever seen! I know, I'm biased but just look at him! I don't think it gets much cute than that!



Mommy & Parker at the beach. I think Daddy was in the ocean!


Amy, me, Jennifer, & Leigh Anne


Parker was thoroughly enjoying himself at the beach.


We had a great time and can't wait to do it again!



2 comments:

  1. Hey! That is a cute picture of Parker! And don't worry about our late night (er..early morning). We were right in the thick of the laughter ourselves! heehee. I hope we can do this again sometime everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope you're not biased....he's the cutest baby ever! (Said the pround Aunt...I'm not biased either...)

    ReplyDelete