I love our end tables because they used to belong to my grandparents. But they were definitely starting to show their age, so a week ago I decided we should refinish them instead of getting new ones. Chad told me that it was going to be a huge project…but I kept thinking, how hard can it be? Just sand them down and restain them…no biggie. Well, it turned out to be a slightly bigger project than even Chad though it was going to be. It took FOREVER to sand one table down and as we were sanding it, well as Chad was sanding it, we weren’t so sure we should have done it, and I began thinking we were going to end up with new ones after all. But Chad finally got got the old finish off, we took turns staining (although I really can’t take much credit…Chad did most of the work), put some polyurethane on it and after a few days it was finally finished!
Here’s a comparison of the old table (left) and new one (right)…I’d say he did a pretty good job! And I know Grandma will be happy that her tables are still around :)
I keep asking Chad when he’s going to do the other one. He says we’re not…we’re going to keep one of each so we can always compare what they used to look like with what they look like now. He’s also got a much bigger project on his mind…redoing our kitchen! The project is finally underway and he’s already built his first cabinet – our new pantry! He may not have ever done this before but he sure looks like he knows what he’s doing. I knew he was handy when I married him but after building a shed and redoing our kitchen, he’s even handier than I thought (and it helps that my dad is pretty talented too and will be coming down in a few weeks to help with construction)!
No comments:
Post a Comment